[whatwg] a rel=attachment

Hironori Bono (坊野 博典) hbono at google.com
Thu Jul 21 20:03:06 PDT 2011

Greetings all,

This is just out of curiosity.
Would it be possible to give me the encoding used for this "download"
attribute? I think we have several options when we use non-ASCII
characters (this example uses Cyrillic characters) as the value of
this attribute as listed below.

1. Use the same encoding as the one used for the HTML content.
(If we allow using '&#x...' format of HTML, it becomes:

2. Use the URL encoding (same as the "href" attribute).

3. Use RFC 2231 (same as the "content-disposition" header)
download="UTF-8''%D1%84%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BB.png">сохранить файл</a>

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,

Hironori Bono
E-mail: hbono at google.com