[whatwg] Selection events in editable content

Ojan Vafai ojan at chromium.org
Thu Jun 2 16:27:20 PDT 2011

TL;DR version: Having Selections update as the DOM is modified seems to me
like considerable added complexity without a good use-case.

I strongly believe we should not do this. I don't like adding new things
that need to be updated every time a node is added/removed from the DOM. I
don't see any problem with the Selection objects getting stale. The author
can easily write code to verify that the Selection object is in a valid
state if they need to.