[whatwg] Generalized execCommand() alternatives, or standardized selection and range handling

Aryeh Gregor Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 09:37:41 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Tim Down <timdown at gmail.com> wrote:
> My version passes an array of ranges to be preserved to the command's
> various internal methods. Works with multiple selected ranges in
> Firefox.

I've considered doing that too.  But it doesn't work with Range
objects you don't have a reference to, so it's not the same as what
the browser can do.  (Although I'm not sure if browsers actually do
anything special for ranges not in the selection, for execCommand().
I haven't tested, but I suspect not.)