[whatwg] "Content-Disposition" property for <a> tags

Bjartur Thorlacius svartman95 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 16:25:39 PDT 2011

On 6/6/11, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:
> My point was that there should be _a_ standardized way that sites can
> use to get consistent behavior across browsers.  Content-Disposition
> headers see like that way to me.

More importantly there should be an implementation defined convention
so users get consistent behavior across sites. I don't see why authors
should care so much how users identify documents internally, when the
original point (type information) is nullified by filename
sanitization crucial to security. Browser are able to deduce
descriptive and rather unique names from the title, terser ones from
the URI and allow the user to choose his own. You'll never able to
assume your suggestion will be used, anyway.