[whatwg] Video feedback

Philip Jägenstedt philipj at opera.com
Wed Jun 8 05:01:27 PDT 2011

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 13:38:18 +0200, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 9:18 PM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj at opera.com>
> wrote:
>> On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 12:35:24 +0200, Silvia Pfeiffer
>> <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Thus, after a change mid-stream to, say,  a smaller video width and
>>> height, would the video.videoWidth and video.videoHeight attributes
>>> represent the width and height of the previous stream or the current
>>> one?

>>> I think we already have a problem with width and height for chained
>>> Ogg and we cannot stop people from putting chained Ogg into the @src.
>>>
>>> I actually took this discussion away from MPEG PTM, which is where
>>> Eric's question came from, because I don't understand how it works
>>> with MPEG. But I can see that it's not just a problem of MPEG, but
>>> also of Ogg (and possibly of WebM which can have multiple Segments).
>>> So, I think we need a generic solution for it.
>>
>> OK, I don't think we disagree. I'm just saying that for Icecast audio
>> streams, there is no problem.
>
> Hmm.. because there is nothing in the API that actually exposes audio
> metadata?

Yes.

>> As for Ogg and WebM, I'm inclined to say that we just shouldn't support
>> that, unless there's some compelling use case for it.
>
> You know that you can also transmit video with icecast...?

Nope :) I guess that invalidates everything I've said about Icecast.
Practically, though, no one is using Icecast to mix audio tracks with
audio+video tracks and getting upset that it doesn't work in browsers,
right?

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer