[whatwg] Video feedback

Simon Pieters simonp at opera.com
Wed Jun 8 23:34:28 PDT 2011

On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 03:47:49 +0200, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> For commercial video providers, the tracks in a live stream change all
>> the time; this is not limited to audio and video tracks but would
>> include text tracks as well.
>
> OK, all this indicates to me that we probably want a "metadatachanged"
> event to indicate there has been a change and that JS may need to
> check some of its assumptions.

We already have durationchange. Duration is metadata. If we want to
support changes to width/height, and the script is interested in when that
happens, maybe there should be a dimensionchange event (but what's the use
case for changing width/height mid-stream?). Does the spec support changes
to text tracks mid-stream?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software