[whatwg] Session Management

Bjartur Thorlacius svartman95 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 07:37:08 PDT 2011

On 3/11/11, Dave Kok <updates at davekok.net> wrote:
> This may very well be a natural consequence of having a proposal like
> this implemented. But this would assume that implementers feel that
> having a logout button embedded into documents is considered superior
> then having a UA provided logout button. Otherwise such a thing would
> never happen. Also authors have the freedom to use either a custom
> authentication method or a UA provided authentication method. Though I
> too prefer the UA provided authentication method we can't force authors
> to do so. A UA provided logout button alone thus not cover custom
Authors shouldn't be able to force users to use their homebrew (NIH,
anyone?) authentication UI instead of the familiar one my browser of
choice sports. Whatever you do, don't encourage authors to use
authentication methods that my UA doesn't understand, and will thus
not be able to provide an interface for.