[whatwg] Linking to the HTML accessibility API mapping draft

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Thu Jun 16 10:20:32 PDT 2011

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> It's generally safe to assume that the WHATWG spec doesn't suppress
> useful information even though W3C publications occasionally might.
>
> However, in the case of
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-api-map/overview.html the WHATWG spec
> suppresses the document from the Recommended Reading section. This
> reduces one's ability to trust that if one reads the WHATWG spec,
> information isn't suppressed.
>
> While I realize that the API mapping document isn't even nearly done
> yet, is it so incorrect that it's more useful not to let people know
> that exists than to link to it alongside the Polyglot guide (which, I
> imagine, isn't recommended reading in the sense of recommending that the
> Polyglot guide be followed for Web authoring)?

At the time the link was requested, the document in question was so bad
that it was literally worse than no information. (It was woefully
incomplete and what little information it had was obviously wrong.) The
document seems to have changed since then.

If implementors find the document useful, I'm happy to include the link
again. I don't have the bandwidth to review it at the moment, so I'll
happily take any implementors' word for it if they say it's good now.