[whatwg] Selectors within <style scoped>

David Hyatt hyatt at apple.com
Thu Jun 16 13:48:14 PDT 2011

Do you actually mean try out both ":scope" tacked on to the end of the rule as well as ":scope " (note the space indicating a descendant selector) tacked on to the beginning?

So for example, #foo { } would turn into #foo:scope, :scope #foo { } thus allowing it to match either the scope or a descendant of the scope?

This would also have the benefit of allowing you to cross if the rightmost selector in a chain is the scope without having to explicitly use :scope.

For example:

#outsideScope #insideScope { }

would turn into

#outsideScope #insideScope:scope, :scope #outsideScope #insideScope { }

thus allowing crossing for the case where #insideScope is the scope itself.

dave
(hyatt at apple.com)