[whatwg] WebVTT feedback (was Re: Video feedback)

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 00:32:04 PDT 2011

I wanted to mention that Ronny's page at
http://leanbackplayer.com/other/webvtt.html has had some updates
recently and has now settled, with demos at
http://leanbackplayer.com/test/webvtt.html .

Note that where his implementation differs from the spec, he has made
a note. There are only two such notes. I'd like to see these
addressed, too.

Cheers,
Silvia.

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 1:05 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ian, all,
>
> I am very excited by the possibilities that Ian outlined for WebVTT
> and how we can add V2 features.
>
> I have some comments on the discussion below, but first I'd like to
> point people to a piece of work that Ronny Mennerich from
> LeanbackPlayer has recently undertaken (with a little of my help).
> Ronny has create this Web page:
> http://leanbackplayer.com/other/webvtt.html . It summarizes the WebVTT
> file format and provides visual clarifications on how the cue settings
> work.
>
> I would like to point out that Ronny has done the drawings according
> to how we understand the WebVTT / HTML spec, so would appreciate
> somebody checking if it's correct.
[..]