[whatwg] multiple itemtypes in microdata?

Lin Clark lin.w.clark at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 12:50:11 PDT 2011

Itemtype in my example is like 'kind' in your example. You are right, it is
basically a privileged property.

Because the words type and kind are pretty synonymous (groups of things that
have common characteristics), I would think that specifying an itemtype and
then specifying a separate kind might be confusing to users, just because of
the wording.

-Lin

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 8:36 PM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jun 2011, Lin Clark wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> > Would it make sense to use something like vocab here?

> The vocab="" attribute in this example is what itemtype="" is in the spec.
>
> What is itemtype="" in this example? (How is it different from a
> property?)
>
> --

Lin Clark
DERI, NUI Galway <http://www.deri.ie/>