[whatwg] <canvas> drawing with singular transforms and zero-sized gradients

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Tue Jun 28 16:54:25 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 6:19 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org>
> wrote:
> > Gradients already aren't continuous where the start and end points are
> > equal. I think it would be OK to draw nothing as Aryeh suggests. At least
> > it's easy to spec and implement, and I doubt authors will care (they
> haven't
> > cared about the browser behaviors so far AFAIK).
>
> Yes they are.  The only non-continuous behavior appears in *repeating*
> gradients when the first and last stops are equal.  I'm currently
> speccing around the problem by requiring a "fixup" of moving the last
> stop to be 1px away from the first stop.  I'd like to sync this up
> with whatever we decide here for canvas.

Sorry, I was talking about canvas gradients, which explicitly specify that a
linear gradient with the same start and end point renders nothing.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in
us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our