[whatwg] Interpretation issue: can <section> be used for "extended

Jacob Kristensen admin at blueboden.com
Tue Mar 15 11:47:12 PDT 2011

Why would anyone want to include lists inside paragraphs?
Aside from those very old, ancient documents/sites that are left out there,
who left out the closing tags for paragraphs?

Where you would typically see one large paragraph of text in books (to save
space), you would see the same paragraph breaken up into multiple paragraphs
on a web page, for readability purposes..
I would generally recommend to break it up, and create a new paragraph after
the table, list, or whatever you included.

Even though that browsers may not have an outline, and might not need one?
some can still find proper use of sectioning elements useful. I.e. Search
engines, and assistive devices.

Jacob Kristensen
http://blueboden.com/