[whatwg] Giving the <body> tag a new meaning.

usuario soyhobo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 14:38:34 PST 2011

[issues again :(]

Here is a use case:
        Hi, I'm the most important content of this page, I'm kind of an
article, and in HTML4 I can be considered the page's body, firstly because
I'm inside that tag, and lastly because there aren't any other tags (hello
header, hello footer) that could break my logic.
</hmtl>

        Hi, I'm the most important content of this page, I'm kind of an
article but strictly speaking I can't be considered the page's body, because
although I'm inside the body tag, I'm over the header tag. And a page body
can't be over the page footer, or isn't it? I'm confused.
        <header>Page title</header>
        <footer>diclamer, copyright</footer>

How long ago was html created? at that time sites where not as complex as
now are, browsers were more like a mail-man that had a message that
contained a head (sender's name, adress ...) and a body (senders real
message). Now sites a more like electronic brochures, we want them to have
lists. And all those things are web content, not web <body>. That's my
point.

Making a decision like this, would bring legacy issues for sure, but there
will be solutions for that, and we'll found them. The thing is, we want to
face them, or stay in the comfortable zone?