[whatwg] datalist @exclusive

Christoph Päper christoph.paeper at crissov.de
Wed Mar 9 05:46:53 PST 2011

Diogo Resende:

> I was thinking.. what about allowing big time spans, like: from April 1st to June 30th? Giving that the date has "-" as date element separators we could not use YYYY1-MM1-DD1-YYYY2-MM2-DD2.

ISO 8601 specifies how to code time intervals (and durations) in several ways: start and end date/time, start date/time and duration, duration and end date/time, or duration only – the separtor alwas is a forward slash ‘/’, replacable by a double hyphen ‘--’ if necessary.

If HTML was to support this it should do so in compatibility with ISO 8601.