[whatwg] datalist @exclusive

Christoph Päper christoph.paeper at crissov.de
Wed Mar 9 07:38:49 PST 2011

Jukka K. Korpela:
> Christoph Päper wrote:
>> Diogo Resende:
>>>
>>> I was thinking.. what about allowing big time spans,
>>
>> ISO 8601 specifies how to code time intervals (and durations) … – the separator always is
>> a forward slash ‘/’, replacable by a double hyphen ‘--’ if necessary.
>>
>> If HTML was to support this it should do so in compatibility with ISO 8601.
>
> Setting a date range limitation is already possible (…) with min and max attributes

Sure. The slash notation should only be employed if one wanted to submit time interval data as a single entity to the server. HTML has no form widget, i.e. ‘input’ type, supporting that (yet). Usually one or, more commonly, two entities / form elements out of “start”, “end” and “duration” are used instead.