[whatwg] Stream API Feedback

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Tue Mar 15 13:58:47 PDT 2011

Instead of creating new state signalling and control API for streams, what
about the alternative approach of letting <video> and <audio> use sensors as
sources, and a way to connect the output of <video> and <audio> to encoders?
Then we'd get all the existing state machinery for free. We'd also get
sensor input for audio processing (e.g. Mozilla or Chrome's audio APIs), and
in-page video preview, and using <canvas> to take snapshots, and more...

Rob