[whatwg] Peer-to-peer communication, video conferencing, <device>, and related topics

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Fri Mar 18 07:42:23 PDT 2011

On 2011-03-18 15:14, Olli Pettay wrote:
> On 03/18/2011 04:02 PM, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> This is basically what Philip and I were discussing in the other thread
>> yesterday, where we avoid the unnecessary overhead of creating a magic
>> URL, and instead just assign the object directly to the src property.
>> This lets the implementation handle all the magic transparently in the
>> background, without bothering to expose a URLs string to the author.
>
> And I was arguing that we could avoid creating the probably somewhat
> heavy stream object if we could just assign the url, or perhaps
> some DOMURL object to video/audio.src.

I don't really understand what you mean by the stream object being
heavy. It's necessary anyway because it contains useful methods and
events, and so the URL object you are suggesting is an unnecessary
indirection that only serves to complicate things.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/