[whatwg] Why is @scoped required for <style> as flow content?

Jukka K. Korpela jkorpela at cs.tut.fi
Sun Mar 27 00:21:44 PDT 2011

Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> On 3/25/11 9:49 PM, Nils Dagsson Moskopp wrote:
>> More precisely, under what circumstances does
>> an author have control over the very start of<body>, but not over
>> <head>?
>
> I can see how some sort of template setups might have that, where the
> <head> is controlled by the overall site but the <body> is controlled
> by whoever is responsible for that particular page.

It is a rather common setup in websites that offer the public an opportunity
to publish for free. I've been told eBay is an example of that: you can only
affect some parts of the <body>. Such setups seem to be increasingly common.
They may also exist in "normal" websites, e.g. when technically managed by
an external service provider, with limited editing possibilities for content
providers.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/