[whatwg] JSON Playlist Format

Zachary Ozer zach at longtailvideo.com
Thu May 5 08:17:42 PDT 2011

Hi WHATWG,

We've been getting some traffic on our forums from users wondering
about JSON playlist formats. Specifically, because we aren't
supporting XML playlists in our player in HTML5 mode (setting the
Access-Control-Allow-Origin headers would be impossible for most of
our users), they're looking for a JavaScript-friendly way to
encapsulate their playlists.

A very cursory search turned up JSPF
(http://wiki.xiph.org/JSPF_Draft), but it appears to be in draft. Are
y'all aware of any other formats, either in draft or that have been
released? If no, any idea why no one's done it already?

Best,

Zach
--
Zachary Ozer
Developer, LongTail Video

w: longtailvideo.com • e: zach at longtailvideo.com • p: 212.244.0140 •
f: 212.656.1335
JW Player  |  Bits on the Run  |  AdSolution