[whatwg] HTML5 based Eduvid Slidecasting Demo

Odin odin.omdal at gmail.com
Sun May 22 05:12:20 PDT 2011

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 6:48 AM, Narendra Sisodiya
<narendra at narendrasisodiya.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer
> <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com>wrote:
>> This is a pretty awesome way to publish a record of your slide
>> presentation.
>
> I am working to create software to automate the Timing process..
> I did automated timing long back when I started Eduvid -
> http://wiki.techfandu.org/eduvid/Eduvid-0.011/wiki-eduvid-slideshow.html
> Hopefully I will be able to create better software where when you click
> next/forward, your timings will be saved alongwidth your slidenumber.

Hey Narendra!

When I found out about your effort I wanted to tell you about mine.
I'm building something similar, but instead of only doing it
"offline", I want the same, only live.

So, video (or just audio, as you say) and the slide sent in real time.
My big problem is obviously buffering (and thus latency) of the video.
Because of this extremely unpredictable sending, it's not very easy to
sync the slides to the video. I'm pushing out new pictures realtime,
but it comes out waay to early for most.

I'll continue to follow your project. My initial demo isn't up any
more, so I've got nothing interesting at all, but it is called
Errantia and lives here http://gitorious.org/errantia

Anyway, I'm interested in knowing if you need to have live syncing
later. If so, we'd need to get startTimeOffset implemented in the
browsers. Mozilla will wait «until things like multitrack, media
controller, streams, etc are less of a moving target». But WebKit may
implement it, but I guess they need a test case.

So I need a test case. Also heard that Microsoft is very interested to
implement features that have test cases, and maybe even be first (!)
because of that.

--
Beste helsing,
Odin Hørthe Omdal <odin.omdal at gmail.com>