[whatwg] Proposal for separating script downloads and execution

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Thu May 26 00:19:28 PDT 2011

On 5/26/11 3:12 AM, James Robinson wrote:
> I think there's a valid use case for downloading a script and not
> evaluating it immediately.

I think we all agree on that.

> The point I was getting at in IRC was that
> there is a lot of confusion about what parsing and executing mean in
> modern js engines

Well, for one thing they mean different things in different engines.  ;)

> and I didn't see much careful measurement in the thread.

There's some measurement now (though not careful, and with various caveats).

-Boris