[whatwg] "Content-Disposition" property for <a> tags

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Thu May 26 12:08:13 PDT 2011

On 5/26/11 2:16 PM, Dennis Joachimsthaler wrote:
> Wouldn't this be no immediate problem on Linux type OSs? There's usually
> no execution bit set on files downloaded.

Yes, that's the one saving grace.  "Usually" is key, though.

> And practically you can run ALL files as binaries, it looks for the ELF header as far as I know.

There is little practical difference for the user between running a
binary and running a perl script, and sneaking in a text file with a .pl
extension might well make the latter happen...

-Boris