[whatwg] Using requestFileSystem to setup mounts

Glenn Maynard glenn at zewt.org
Mon Nov 28 07:42:53 PST 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Kinuko Yasuda <kinuko at chromium.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 1:58 AM, Glenn Maynard <glenn at zewt.org> wrote:
>
>> This would lead to interop problems if it's not consistent, though.  For
>> example, if my application creates ZIP files, and the user drags two files
>> into the root directory of the ZIP, he wants to put those files at the top
>> of the ZIP:
>>
>> /file1.txt
>> /file2.txt
>>
>> If the UA creates a virtual directory for that drag, then it'd end up
>> putting the files in a subdirectory with the name of the virtual directory,
>> as if a directory was dragged:
>>
>> /drag-and-drop/file1.txt
>> /drag-and-drop/file2.txt
>>

> The UA can simply puts the file1.txt and file2.txt in the virtual 'root'
> directory if Entry.fullPath matters.

The problem is that a drop event with two separate files will probably be
treated differently by some software than one with a single directory
containing two files.  That'll be true no matter what Entry.fullPath is set
to.  That's why it'd be an interop problem if some browsers do this and
some don't.

(I don't think the value of Entry.fullPath is very important for drops.  It
can probably just be "/".)

--
Glenn Maynard