[whatwg] instantiating display:none plugins

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Tue Nov 1 17:00:08 PDT 2011

One more thing. I added a "hide and show plugin with flush" test that sets
the plugin to display:none, causes a "layout flush" (by requesting
body.getBoundingClientRect()) and then sets the plugin back to
display:inline. On Firefox, Chrome and Opera this restarts the plugin
instance; on IE9 it doesn't. If you take out the flush, none of the
browsers restart the plugin.

I think this should just be considered a browser bug. We don't want to have
to specify the timing of style and layout flushing. (We'll fix this in
Firefox shortly.)

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us