[whatwg] You can now subscribe to changes to the WHATWG spec on a per-topic basis

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Nov 22 17:17:17 PST 2011

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> > Another option is for someone (possibly me) to create a system whereby
> > people can subscribe to specific portions of the specification, and
> > for a tool to detect when a diff affects that portion and e-mail them.
> > I'm not exactly sure how to make that work, but if it's something
> > people are interested in, we could figure something out.
>
> This could be interesting if new sections are added rarely enough....

Ok, I've added a system where you can subscribe to specific sections of
the spec to be notified of changes.

The available topics currently are:
  Canvas
  HTML (everything not covered by another topic)
  HTML Syntax and Parsing
  Microdata
  Offline Web Applications
  Server-Sent Events
  Video Text Tracks (<track>, WebVTT)
  Video and Audio
  Web Storage
  Web Workers
  WebSocket API

I'm happy to add new topics if there's enough demand. When I add a topic,
the topic that previously covered that part of the spec will normally be
notified as part of the checkin that changes the labeling.

To subscribe to a topic, click the "Edit Subscriptions" button at the top
right of the spec, and follow the on-screen instructions.

I haven't fully tested this yet so if you run into any problems, e.g. I
spam you every last edit fifteen times over, let me know.