[whatwg] XHR Level 2: Accurate Speed Measurement

Rodger Combs rodger.combs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:12:44 PST 2011

Yes, I know about progress events. They're currently convenient for getting the status of the upload or download, but not for getting ETA or speed data. Calculations for these could be done in JS, but the UA could do so more accurately. The properties I proposed could be implemented on the progress event instead of the XHR object itself, or on both.