[whatwg] XHR Level 2: Accurate Speed Measurement

Rodger Combs rodger.combs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 16:59:56 PST 2011

The UA can poll the state of the down/upload more often, and create a more accurate average using these additional data points. It also has access to lower-level information about the network connection, and possibly knows about throttling placed by either the browser or the OS. On another note, it seems to me that speed estimates could be used widely enough to deserve being implemented natively.