[whatwg] Feedback on UndoManager spec

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Wed Nov 30 12:05:39 PST 2011

I've talked about this with Jonas and Ehsan on #whatwg. Jonas made a
proposal that we can void this issue by renaming automatic transaction's
apply to "implement" (name TBD) without the argument so that we can
differentiate automatic transactions from manual transactions. So we can do:

editor.undoManager.transact({implement: function() { ... }});
editor.undoManager.transact({implement: function() { ... }, reapply:
function() {...}});

while still letting apply take an argument for manual transactions:

editor.undoManager.transact({apply: function(type) { if (type) ... else ...
}});
editor.undoManager.transact({apply: function() { ... }, reapply: function()
{...}});

- Ryosuke