[whatwg] Entering fullscreen when already in fullscreen mode [was: Fullscreen]

Darin Fisher darin at chromium.org
Mon Oct 17 15:55:33 PDT 2011

Hi Anne,

Thanks for working on this spec!  I have more questions, but I'll just start
with one.  If enterFullscreen() is called when the browsing context is
already being displayed fullscreen, what should happen?  (It looks like
Safari 5.1 ignores the second call to webkitRequestFullScreen.)

I also find it curious that there is a bit of a dead-time between the
request to enter fullscreen and the fullscreenchange event (nit:
"fullscreenchange" instead of "fullscreenchanged" to be consistent, right?).
 It appears that JS cannot request to cancel out of fullscreen mode until
the fullscreenchange event is generated (i.e., until the fullscreen flag is
set).  It could cause pain for developers if there is no guaranteed response
to enterFullscreen().  Did my request succeed, did it fail?  What happened?

-Darin