[whatwg] Fullscreen revision I

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Thu Oct 20 03:59:27 PDT 2011

I revised the specification based on the comments thus far:

   http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/fullscreen/raw-file/tip/Overview.html

I made the following changes:

* The root element is no longer a special case
* No longer any attempts at integrating with "F11 fullscreen"
* requestFullscreen() can no longer be invoked when already in "element
fullscreen"
* Queued a task to fire an event on a per-document basis (because of
cross-origin documents)
* Introduced event for requestFullscreen() failure (fullscreenerror)
* Improved the wording around requestFullscreen() failure
* Removed Document.fullscreen as it's a subset of
Document.fullscreenElement

I realize this is not what everyone wants. But this seemed the simplest
subset of what everyone desired and a pretty good start from where we can
enhance going forward.

Kind regards,

--
Anne van Kesteren