[whatwg] Suggestion for HTML5 context menus

Eric Sh. shedokan1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 15:48:28 PDT 2011

I was trying out the HTML5 context menu in firefox and I saw that there is
no way(in the specs) to create an empty menu with only selected context menu
items in it.

So for example if I have an image element and I want to create a context
menu with the items: "Rotate" and "Share" - I have to ask the browser to
"Add" them to the regular context menu along with the ten other items that
are already there.
This makes a bulky context menu when I only need those two items and it is
especially hurtful for user experience if the context menu is close to the
bottom of the screen and is moved above the mouse cursor.

I suggest adding a way to ask the browser to create a brand new context menu
with only those items.

Regards,
Eric