[whatwg] Entering fullscreen when already in fullscreen mode [was: Fullscreen]

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Oct 18 16:07:36 PDT 2011

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011, Darin Fisher wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at opera.com>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 08:11:41 +0900, Darin Fisher <darin at chromium.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> OK, I can't help myself.  One more question:
> >>
> >> What should happen if the fullscreen browsing context is navigated?
> >> What happens if the document, containing the fullscreen element, is
> >> destroyed?
> >> Perhaps it should bounce out of fullscreen mode?
> >
> > The current plan is that if any of the browsing contexts with non-null
> > fullscreen element is navigated you exit fullscreen.
>
> I agree.  That's the only sane behavior.  I'm going to implement that
> behavior for Chrome.

Presumably this should happen after the step in the navigation algorithm
where it is established that we are going to another document (i.e. not
just for #fragment navigations). Should it happen before or after
onbeforeunload and onunload? Should it just happen when the session
history is updated (i.e. when the page load changes the rendering), or at
some other point?