[whatwg] Fullscreen Update

Glenn Maynard glenn at zewt.org
Wed Oct 19 08:31:40 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 11:00 AM, João Eiras <joaoe at opera.com> wrote:

> I think you just solved your own issue :) Your if check is wrong given your
> use case.

No, that's missing the point.  These obscure corner cases should be
minimized (in any API, and especially web APIs).  People won't know to test
them, and everyone's browsing experience will be buggier when in
F11-fullscreen.

Can anyone suggest a use case for having fullscreen be true when in browser
(F11) fullscreen?  I can't think of any.

Besides, if the developer failed to test, it would just require an extra
> click.

It wouldn't work at all.  The exitFullscreen call would fail or no-op (you
can't exit F11 fullscreen with this API, of course; it's not yours to exit),
so the next click would just call exitFullscreen again.

--
Glenn Maynard