[whatwg] Server-Sent Events and CORS

Tomi bosak.tomas at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 01:42:07 PDT 2011

Hi folks!

I was recently doing some experiments with Server-Sent Events
technology and come to an issue when EventSource url resource is from
a different origin (in my case different subdomain). When this happens
Chrome 13 gives this:

Uncaught Error: SECURITY_ERR: DOM Exception 18

and Firefox 6 this:

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at ...url...

In my case requested EventSource url resource is using CORS specific
Access-Control-Allow-Origin header, but this doesn't help. So here
comes my question: does Server-Sent Events EventSource meant to
support CORS enabled url resource or this is a problem of browser
vendors (or maybe some other problem which I'm not aware of). Thanks
for your time and help.

Tomas