[whatwg] Unforgeable document property

David Bruant bruant at enseirb-matmeca.fr
Fri Sep 23 02:54:48 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have noticed on a recent commit [1] that the "document" property of
the window object is now defined as [[Unforgeable]] (and still
readonly). As per WebIDL, it makes the property non-configurable (in
ECMAScript 5 terms). Consequently, it will make impossible to wrap the
object document with an ES.next proxy [2] and replace the "document"
property value with the wrapped document.

I think that there is definitely a use case here as replacing the
document with a proxy could help developers fixing the DOM and adding
workarounds to browser bugs. Consequently, I think the "document"
property of the window object should be kept configurable.

David

[1] http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=6568&to=6569
[2] http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:proxies