[whatwg] <comment> and <ad> elements

Sergiusz Wolicki sergiusz at wolicki.com
Mon Sep 5 00:43:26 PDT 2011

Hi Everybody,

If <comment> has a compatibility issue, then we could use <comments>.
It would be slightly shorter than <commentary> and it would be more
appropriate to name a section with "comments". <comment> would mean a
single comment and I understand this is not the purpose of the
proposed tag.

If the ability to hide a section with certain semantics is an argument
for adding a tag, then <comments> may make sense. I often read news
portals, where many readers' comments are really stupid and annoying
but I still start reading them. An ability to hide the comments
sections from myself would be a great time saver ;)

Thanks,

Sergiusz