[whatwg] <comment> element

Shaun Moss shaun at astromultimedia.com
Mon Sep 5 15:08:27 PDT 2011

The link you've sent contains numerous comments, none of which can stand
on their own. Also, this example comment is long and well-written,
deliberately selected from "bestof", to try and make your point.
However, 90%+ of user-submitted comments are much more trivial. Consider
most facebook comments.

Comments have two distinct features that distinguish them from articles:
1. They are submitted by users, not content managers.
2. They are in reference to something else on the page, whether it be an
article, link, forum topic, blog post or another comment.

Shaun