[whatwg] keepalive attribute on iframe

Dmitry Titov dimich at chromium.org
Tue Apr 17 20:35:54 PDT 2012

Would some sort of a same-origin policy help here? If both the iframe and
parent document are same origin, can it be done, at least for the
reparenting in the same JS execution block? Most (all?) of the security
issues were specifically cross-origin.

But yes, there are a lot of assumptions in the code about not only iframes,
but most active objects to function only while they are connected all the
way through to the valid DOM. There is too many APIs (and new ones are
coming all the time) who pick up that assumption. It is not impossible,
just a lot of work.

Dmitry