[whatwg] Encoding Standard (mostly complete)

Mark Callow callow_mark at hicorp.co.jp
Wed Apr 18 19:35:48 PDT 2012

On 19/04/2012 07:34, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at opera.com>wrote:
>> Then we'd first have to introduce interval syntax to the English language.
>> We could do that I suppose in the Terminology section if you think it would
>> be better.
> It would also apply to
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/encoding/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#index-gb18030-code-point,
> and it could apply to "select" ranges (eg. 7.1 step 5: "[0,0x7f]"). Maybe
> it's not enough to be worth figuring out how to define it.
All it takes is a couple of short sentences.

    "*Numeric Intervals.* Closed intervals are denoted with square
    brackets and open intervals with round brackets. For example, [0,
    10) denotes the values from zero to ten, including zero but not
    including ten."

I agree with Glenn that using intervals would be clearer as well as
being shorter.

Regards

    -Mark