[whatwg] register*Handler and Web Intents

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Thu Aug 9 00:11:02 PDT 2012

I also agree with Henri and James. I would be opposed to implementing the feature in WebKit the way it is currently proposed. The aesthetic benefit is not great enough to be worth the breakage. Consider in particular that  the following proposed markup:

  <intent
    action="edit"
    type="image/png"
    scheme="mailto"
    href=""
    title="Foo"
    disposition="">
</intent>

could just as easily be:

  <link intent
    action="edit"
    type="image/png"
    scheme="mailto"
    href=""
    title="Foo"
    disposition="">

or:

    action="edit"
    type="image/png"
    scheme="mailto"
    href=""
    title="Foo"
    disposition="">

Both of which are no more verbose and read about as well.

 - Maciej