[whatwg] [selectors4] drag-and-drop pseudo-classes

fantasai fantasai.lists at inkedblade.net
Tue Aug 14 11:55:18 PDT 2012

On 08/14/2012 03:03 AM, Sebastian Zartner wrote:
>        * One for all elements representing possible drop targets
>          that could receive the item.
>        * One for all elements representing drop targets that do
>          not accept this type of item.
>
> This sounds like these two pseudo-classes would do exactly the opposite.
> So why not use :not() for this case?

That question was asked and answered here:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Sep/0417.html

Apparently an invalid dropzone is one that accepts drops, but not of this
type, so it's not exactly the same as :not(:valid-drop). I'm unsure if
it's necessary to add at this point, but can add it and mark at-risk for
the time being.

~fantasai