[whatwg] Features for responsive Web design

Chaals McCathieNevile w3b at chaals.com
Mon Aug 27 04:05:00 PDT 2012

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 22:36:15 +0200, Steve Dennis <admin at subcide.com> wrote:

> While it's unlikely that screen resolution will go above 2x in the near
> future, should we be taking into account the zooming of specific
> elements that might result in the need for larger artwork? (take icons,
> that can scale all the way up to 512px or above)

Or outdoor screens that are 4m x 8m, carrying the same content meant for a
TV display and a message to your mobile.

Use cases:
+ emergency information provision, where the sign is acting as a server
providing information to all devices that can connect).
+ providing advertising, local information that can be rendered on large
outdoor screens, tv-size screens, and for customers.

cheers

Chaals

--
Chaals - standards declaimer