[whatwg] I believe source rectangles for HTML5 Canvas drawImage are specified incorrectly

Justin Novosad junov at chromium.org
Wed Dec 12 10:24:56 PST 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier at gmail.com> wrote:

> What would be the next step? Should we define a new version of drawImage
> with the extra parameter?

That is one option, but I think a context attribute (like
imageSmoothingEnabled) is also worth considering.
Perhaps image smoothing could be an enum rather than boolean with an
additional mode that prevents color bleeding.

> If so, we probably want the description of the existing drawImage call to
> change so it leaves the resampling issue undefined unless WebKit is OK with
> changing their current behavior.

IMHO: Undifined behavior is a spec bug. If we have a problem with the spec,
we fix the spec, we don't just each do our own thing.