[whatwg] Reconcile document.URL and document.documentURI?

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Thu Feb 2 11:44:01 PST 2012

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 23:30:06 +0100, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
>> I moved document.URL to DOM Core, made document.documentURI readonly,
>> and have them both return the same URL concept, which defaults to
>> "about:blank".
>
> They now always return about:blank, since this URL concept is never set.
>
> So um... when should it be set? Is it just "the document's address" but
> with the change that the document's address is about:blank for
> create*Document()-created documents?

Yes, the HTML standard is already correct, except it no longer needs to
define document.URL and it should probably say it updates the
concept-document-url concept from DOM rather than introducing its own new
concept (you still need to introduce the "current" one though).

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/