[whatwg] RWD Heaven: if browsers reported device capabilities in a request header

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 7 14:29:38 PST 2012

On 2/7/12 5:06 PM, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> I agree about this. But realise that if we take your zoom use case to
> it's logical conclusion, we'd need to supply images at an infinite
> resolution. Which is patently absurd. With visual media, it is
> expected, and the only practical thing, to have pixelation at zooms
> higher than one CSS pixel.

I don't think that's expected if your initial zoom level maps a single
CSS px to multiple device pixels.  If my device runs at 300dpi by
default, I should be able to zoom in 3x or so before any pixelation
happens, I'd hope.

-Boris