[whatwg] Should events be paused on detached iframes?

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 7 17:08:05 PST 2012

On 2/7/12 7:16 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> All of the above seem consistent with what the spec requires.
>
> Firefox actually seems to have a slight bug, which is that the event loop
> keeps pumping in the original page, but that seems like a separate issue.
>
> Here's the test case you describe above:
>
>     http://damowmow.com/playground/tests/alert/001.html

OK, then I don't understand something.  You said:

   It should put it up in the context of the top-level browsing context
   of the script that led to that point (the "first script").  This is
   the same as if someone in one tab calls another tab's script and that
   script calls alert().

I assume you meant "entry script", but maybe that was a bad assumption?
  There is no "first script" anywhere in the spec.

In any case, in my testcase the "entry script" is the one running in
test1.html, but the alert is being associated with test2.html.  In
general, I would expect that alerts are associated with the window that
was the |this| for the alert call....

-Boris