[whatwg] Proposal: Deprecate registerProtocolHandler/registerContentHandler via Web Intents

Bjartur Thorlacius svartman95 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 14:14:43 PST 2012

Þann þri 21.feb 2012 19:41, skrifaði James Hawkins:
> Is this use case not fully handled by the UA specifying the
> appropriate action when building the intent, e.g., the user
> right-clicks on an image in a page and the UA constructs context menu
> items for edit/share/etc. action?
Not if the image is both fetched and drawn by a single plugin. By plugin
I mean an extra-UA piece of software that is allocated a window to draw to.

I hope you meant that an Intent API could be used to pass URIs to
fetchers to pass back retrieved resources, without converting them to
HTML or bitmaps, rather than to pass URIs of resources to be drawn to
users' screens or speakers.