[whatwg] FileList usage

Charles Pritchard chuck at jumis.com
Wed Feb 29 11:58:00 PST 2012

On Feb 29, 2012, at 11:49 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> On 2/29/12 1:14 PM, Erik Arvidsson wrote:
>> Now that we are removing usages of DOMStringList it is also tempting
>> to look at other list interfaces that only have item/length. Searching
>> through the WebKit IDL files the following are dumb:
>>
>> ClientRectList
>
> This is not live.
>
>> CSSRuleList
>
> This is.
>
>> FileList
>
> Not sure about this one.
>
>> StyleSheetList
>
> This is definitely live.
>
>> I believe that all of these could be removed in favor for Array
>
> I'm pretty sure the live ones can't right?

Isn't it more about the accessor and how it's used in existing sites?

If it's behind a method call, perhaps even a parent attribute, there's opportunity to regenerate, long as there aren't too many sites out there optimizing out the access call.

Regardless, it's good to see that we could simplify a few items.

I do want to see use cases on FileList addressed soon.

-Charles