[whatwg] [css3-images] Last Call Working Draft of CSS Images Values and Replaced Content Level 3
fantasai.lists at inkedblade.net
Fri Jan 13 15:03:44 PST 2012
Dear WHAT WG,
The CSS WG published a Last Call Working Draft of the CSS3 Image Values and
Replaced Content module:
We believe there is some overlap of interest with HTML, and therefore we'd
appreciate your review of the features therein, particularly of the element()
notation and of the 'image-resolution' and 'image-orientation' properties.
Those interested in layout and sizing might also be interested in the
CSS <-> image size negotiation rules and the 'object-fit' property.
Note that replaced elements in CSS includes not just bitmap images, but
also SVG (external or embedded), video, applets, plugins, and other
This module covers:
- CSS gradients
- using media fragments (image slices) in CSS
- ltr/rtl annotations to images for automatic flipping
- fallback URLs for images, for gracefully handling unsupported image types
- element() notation for using an elements' graphical representation as an image
- CSS <-> image size negotiation
- 'object-fit' and 'object-position' for controlling aspect ratio preservation
- 'image-resolution' for using custom or intrinsic image resolutions
- 'image-orientation' to correct misoriented images
If you have comments on any part of the draft, please, send them to the
<www-style at w3.org> mailing list. Please start a new thread for each issue,
and include [css3-images] in the subject line, as I did on this message.
This will help us track your comments.
The official deadline for comments is 7 February 2012. Let us know if you
need an extension so that we don't miss your comments.
More information about the whatwg